Company: Mars Chocolate
Location: Slough, UK
Competitive salary + excellent benefits
Bring your renowned skills and reputation for Sensory Science within a Business Environment to a Global Brand Leader in Chocolate. Make it Mean More at Mars.
Driving forward the success of globally admired brands like M&M's, Mars, Snickers and Twix is a major deal for a £24billion company which also produces other iconic brands such as Uncle Ben’ s, Dolmio, Flavia and Whiskas. Our specialised European Sensory Team works at the cutting-edge to capture and measure changes in consumer perception of our chocolate products in relation to quality, value and experiences.
As Head of Sensory Science reporting to the Vice-president of R&D for Continental Europe and leading the Regional Sensory Team, you will develop and own the sensory and product evaluation strategy for chocolate in Europe. With your deep understanding of human perception and the management of sensory and consumer evaluation strategies, you’ll enable and accelerate the execution of innovation, efficiency and quality projects, including chocolate science and technology and regional R&D. Deploying sensory, consumer and product knowledge, in addition to product evaluation strategies, your immediate priorities will be:
- to develop team capabilities and systems, with a specific focus on ensuring our team is technically ahead for the future
- the induction of this relatively new team into Mars, including supporting their functional and personal development
- the creation of a Global Sensory Community within Mars Inc.
With at the very least a Food Science degree, underpinned by industry-recognised, in-depth Sensory expertise, you’ll have a compelling R&D track record within a business environment, embracing line management experience and/or t
he coaching and development of teams and individuals. A proven product innovator with international experience, you’ll combine strong leadership with the ability to balance the priorities of differing teams with their own reporting lines. Your attributes will include:
- strategic agility
- the ability to manage vision and purpose
- a real gift for perspective whilst maintaining a drive for results.
As one of our European Leadership Team, you’ll be able to broaden your business understanding. And, significantly, there’s real freedom and support here to experiment with your science to shape the strategic direction for Sensory at Mars Inc.
If this describes you and you would like to fly within a culture that promotes autonomy and will listen to your ideas, then click here to apply.
Location: Berkshire (UK)
Company: confidential, contact via recruiting agency
Salary: Circa £70,000 + bonus + excellent benefits
Our client, a leading global food manufacturer, is looking to recruit an ambitious and driven Head of Sensory Science to run the regional sensory team and drive innovative strategic change throughout the business.
The successful candidate will use their broad expertise to implement pioneering solutions to enhance what is already a very well developed and resourced department. The Head of Sensory will be an expert in the area of sensory science, but also will be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership, communication, team management, influencing skills and commercial awareness. You will have a degree in a food science or science related discipline with additional sensory qualifications or equivalent experience. You'll also have substantial commercial and business acumen, have exceptional knowledge of product evaluation techniques and have a practical understanding of statistical analysis. Experience of working within a large, international and cross-cultural organisation would be beneficial.
This is a great opportunity for a motivated individual looking to further their career. If you are interested and have a proven track record of success, we would like to hear from you. Please call Camilla Clark at Rockfield Specialist Recruitment or apply now, with your CV, on-line.
Rockfield Specialist Recruitment
T: +44 (0)1600 711795
Company: IFF International Flavors & Fragrances Inc.
Location: Hilversum, the Netherlands
IFF is a leading creator of flavors and fragrances used in a wide variety of consumer products and packaged goods. Consumers experience these unique scents and tastes in fine fragrances and beauty care, detergents and household goods, as well as beverages, confectionary and food products. The Company leverages its competitive advantages of brand understanding and consumer insight combined with its focus on R&D and innovation, to provide customers with differentiated product offerings. A member of the S&P 500 Index, IFF has sales, manufacturing and creative facilities in 30 countries worldwide. For more information, please visit our Web site at www.iff.com.
As Sensory and Consumer Insight (SCI) junior researcher, work closely with SCI Regional Manager to support the Savory-related activity through organizing tests, processing data and reporting.
Project management = 30%
- Interact with the project team, ensure things are being achieved following guidelines and within the agreed timeline, bring relevant contribution to the project from an SCI perspective.
Test management = 20%
- Contribute to choosing the most appropriate methodology regarding the project objectives and the logistical constraints, organize tests (discriminative tests, descriptive tests and consumer tests) and ensure that they are being performed correctly and timely, so that the results they deliver have the right quality standards.
Data processing = 30%
- Analyze the data obtained from the sensory and consumer tests. Run the relevant statistical tests according to guidelines and scientific validity. Draw conclusions from an SCI perspective as well as from a business perspective.
Reporting = 20%
- Report the findings of the SCI activity internally to the project team and possibly externally to customers. Reports should not stop to scientific observations but rather lead to business recommendations understandable by non-expert stakeholders.
- Analytical skills
- Advanced statistical knowledge
- Organized, autonomy
- Problem Solving
- Dealing with Change
- Interpersonal Skills/Communication
- High aptitude for learning, adaptability, flexibility
- Good level in English (reading, writing, understanding)
- Presentation skills
- Knowledge of FIZZ, R, XLStat softwares
A plus :
- Knowledge of Preference Mapping method
- Knowledge on savory products
- Basics on Sensory and/or Consumer methodologies
- Preferred Food industry experience
- Preferred Flavor or fragrance industry experience
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment is a plus
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply online by visiting www.iff.com and by submitting your cover letter and resume in English.
This job-letter reaches the sensory community in Europe and the whole world.
If you would like to post a cost free offer here please send an e-mail to our webmaster